The easiest way to create a website is to use WordPress.
Why WordPress is so popular? Why every fourth website created, is on WordPress?
WordPress software is completely free and you can download it from its official website. Hosting companies generally provide one-click installation of WordPress. Today, WordPress is more than a blog publishing platform. It has a lot of versatility and gives you full flexibility to create any type of website.
Almost all form of websites possible…
- An eCommerce website like eBay or Alibaba.
- A Blog like Mashable or TechCrunch.
- A Video Website like YouTube or Vimeo.
- A Service/Appointment Booking Website.
- A Photography Website like Flickr.com.
- A Directory Website like YellowPages or Yelp.
- A Classified Ads Listing Website like OLX.
- A Membership Website like Udemy.
- A Question Answer Forum like Quora.com.
- A Knowledgebase/Wiki website.
Wide range of themes and plugins increase its functionality to a great extent. There are various SEO plugins available to help improve search engine visibility of your WP website.
- Fast Loading Speed: The loading speed of a website is also influenced by your CMS. That’s why wordpress is already optimized for good speed.
- Good Coding Standard: You can imagine how advanced it will be as its new versions are introduced in every few months since 2003 when it came. Expert developers are there to take care of it.
- XML Sitemap: Easily generate and submit sitemap to search engines. It helps them recognize the structure of your site content.
- Navigation: In WordPress navigation becomes very robust with menus, drop down menu functionality, tags, categories, and tons of widgets provided in WordPress.
- Image Optimization: Adding Title & Alt Tags in images takes no time. So you don’t feel any burden to optimize your images for good ranking of your post/page.
- Social Media Integration: Search engines give importance to sites getting good traffic from social networking sites. That’s why WordPress supports social media integration.
- User Experience: WordPress is fully optimized to work good on multiple devices, browsers, and systems. In fact, themes coming in are are also fully responsive.
WordPress has a high-security standard.
But not to worry. Regular updates provided by WordPress strongly protect you from this vulnerability.
A website is just one of the several things that is needed for you to be successful. You need hosting, content, training in what to do, SEO, and you need to be part of a team/community that supports you and helps you out when you need it most.